Join Today.....CUA membership is probably the cheapest form of practice insurance you can buy!
Dues: $150/year for urologists, $100/yr for non-physician providers
CUA members receive the following valuable benefits:
- Membership Certificate and package including a CUA t-shirt, baseball cap or scarf or other branded item as available to welcome you as a new member!
- Retirement planning hardcover book: Don't Worry, Retire Happy!: Seven Steps to Retirement Security by Tom Hegna - a very valuable resource and highly sought after book (while supplies last, may be substituted for something similar if necessary)
- CEU credits for CA Fluoroscopy License renewal during WSAUA meetings, a $400 value
- Special alerts and “watchdog” bulletins to keep you informed of urgent matters to you and your practice
- Grassroots Lobbying for your practice via CMA and personal efforts of our volunteer members who spend countless hours advocating on your behalf to prevent costly and harmful legislation/regulations while supporting those that advance urology - value is priceless!
- Access to hotline assistance service to help you with billing or reimbursement difficulties – CUA pursues payment for inadequate Medicare reimbursements, and provides assistance on charges, payments, coding and policy issues.
- Listing in the searchable CUA website membership directory
- All issues of the CUA Report Newsletter
- Health Policy Forum at the Western Section AUA meetings
- Practice Management Workshops on Medicare optimization, coding, compliance, EMR, new technology, practice management and more for you and your staff
- Co-publishes Biennial Health Policy Survey with WSAUA - results distributed to CUA members free
- Savings and discounts to various meetings/events and with endorsed business partners on products and services on occasional basis
- Leadership opportunities
- Representation at many levels at the Calif Medical Assn - particularly the Council on Legislation
- Support ZERO PROSTATE CANCER group as state chapter
- On a state level, CUA acts as a back-up advocate for urologists subject to unfair peer review by the Medical Board.
- Maintains a working relationship with the CMS and Medicare regional medical directors.
- Representation at AACU/ UROPAC / AUAPAC
- Representation at the AUA Health Policy Committee
- Representation at AUA Advocacy Summit Conference in Capitol Hill
- Representation at various governmental agencies
- Early warning detection and fighting against adverse regulations before they take effect
- “California Urology Alliance” – a new program designed to integrate community/county medical societies under the CUA umbrella
- CUA Young Leadership Circle (sponsoring junior level Health Policy advocates to attend the AUA Advocacy Summit Conference in Washington, DC)