TAKE ACTION TO STOP SB 225 - WEINER
Senate Standing Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development
Committee phone: (916) 651-4104
Senator Richard D. Roth (Chair)
Senator Melissa A. Melendez (Vice Chair)
Senator Bob Archuleta
Senator Patricia C. Bates
Senator Josh Becker
Senator Bill Dodd
Senator Susan Talamantes Eggman
Senator Melissa Hurtado
Senator Brian W. Jones
Senator Connie M. Leyva
Senator Dave Min
Senator Josh Newman
Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh
Senator Richard Pan
Senate Committee on Business, Professions & Economic Development hearing call-in information for April 5, 2021 Bill Hearing
Participant number: 1-844-291-6364; access code: 7362831
Please note: In order for your testimony to be heard clearly, you must mute any devices you are using to live stream the committee hearing prior to calling into the teleconference service. Please do not testify using speakerphone or bluetooth, this can cause acoustic feedback and make it very difficult to hear your testimony.
- Upon calling in, you will be placed in a “waiting room” where you will be muted but you can listen to the committee hearing as you wait.
- When a committee moves to public comment, a moderator will ask for anyone who is wishing to testify in “Support” of the bill to please press 1-0. The moderator will again prompt those waiting in “Opposition” when the committee moves to opposition. You should press 1-0 when you are prompted by the moderator – be sure to listen for support or opposition and DO NOT press 1-0 until the proper position has been asked for.
- When you press 1-0 on your phone, you will wait and an operator will assign you a line number, at that time you will be placed in the queue for identification. Remember your line number, the moderator will call out that number to identify YOU when it is your turn to testify. OF IMPORTANT NOTE: If you press 1-0 a second time, you will remove yourself from the queue and you will not be identified to testify. Every time you press 1-0 you either put yourself “In queue” or take yourself “out of queue” so listen carefully, and press 1-0 only once when you are prompted by the moderator.
- When you are successfully in the queue, with your assigned line number, the moderator will call out your line number, open your line, and at that time you may address the committee. You must have your own phone unmuted before you begin testimony.
A more detailed explanation of the teleconference instructions can be found by clicking the “Teleconference Instructions”
It is important for as many of us as possible to call in on Monday. For "me too" testimony.
- You will say:
My name is ______. I am a ______ (patient, parent, pediatric urologist, whatever is appropriate, etc) and I OPPOSE Senate bill 225.
- Call in when the bill is being heard.
This is the last bill to be heard so we don't expect it to be heard until 10:30 am PT (likely the earliest)-11 am PT (but there are no guarantees)
- You will need to be watching the hearing to know when the bill is being heard.
Also, the video feed for the hearing should be available at www.senate.ca.gov
**AGAIN: Only call in when prompted to do so for SB 225**.